The Shakespeare Theatre of New Jersey, one of the nation's leading classic theatre companies, offers a variety of volunteer opportunites, both behind-the-scenes and in the front-of-house. Work in a fun, fast-paced environment while serving as a liaison between the theatre and our patrons. Assist with ushering, concessions, taking tickets, and running our gift shop! In return for each volunteer session, you will receive a ticket voucher allowing you to see a performance free of charge.
A great opportunity to build your résumé, fulfill a community service requirement, or to just be a part of the theatre scene!
The Shakespeare Theatre will hold a Volunteer Open House on Thursday, May 15 at 7:30 p.m. at the F.M. Kirby Shakespeare Theatre, 36 Madison Avenue, in Madison. Community members interested in volunteering are invited to attend this open house to find out more about The Shakespeare Theatre and volunteer opportunities; meet the professional management staff; mingle with veteran volunteers; and to learn about the 2014 Season from Artistic Director Bonnie J. Monte. For more information, call 973-408-3694.
In return for their work, volunteers receive ticket vouchers redeemable for admissions to The Theatre’s productions throughout the season.
Scheduling is flexible.
No minimum commitment.
Opportunities are available May through December!
For more information, call 973-408-3694
or e-mail Kyle Conner, email@example.com
* Must attend one volunteer orientation meeting.
* Greet and welcome patrons.
* Distribute programs and escort patrons to their seats.
* Offer assistance to patrons as needed.
* Serve concession items (coffee, soft drinks, snacks) in an expedient and friendly manner.
* Process transactions for concession and gift shop sales.
* Prepare gift shop items (tag, inventory, set-up).
* Assist patrons with gift shop selections.
* Be familiar with Theatre productions, activities and programs.
* Experience in customer service is required.
* Must display courtesy and professionalism when dealing with general public.
* Must be able to work under pressure and handle patron situations with diplomacy and tact.
* Knowledge of point-of-sale systems is helpful.
* Must enjoy working with people.
* Must be able to work in fast-paced environment.
Summer dress code
White shirt/blouse, long khaki slacks, dress shoes/sandals
Fall/winter dress code
White shirt/blouse, dark slacks, dress shoes