The Shakespeare Theatre of New Jersey is committed to creating an environment that is accessible to everyone. We believe that theatre should be shared by all people, regardless of physical ability. We always welcome feedback from our audience. Please send us any comments about our access services to email@example.com. Thank you for your interest in The Shakespeare Theatre of New Jersey!
The Main Stage: F.M. Kirby Shakespeare Theatre
- The 308-seat F.M. Kirby Shakespeare Theatre is barrier-free and fully accessible to persons with disabilities, in compliance with Americans with Disabilities Act regulations. To request special accommodation, please phone the Box Office at 973-408-5600 or call the TTY phone at 973-408-3994.
- An Infra-Red Listening System is available for patrons who have a hearing impairment. Light, comfortable headsets are available free of charge at the Concessions Kiosk, located in the Theatre lobby.
- Audio-Described Performances enable patrons with visual impairments to hear, through an FM transmitter, a live description of the action on stage. A pre-performance sensory seminar is offered that allows patrons to feel props, costumes and set pieces to further enhance the theatre experience.
Audio Described Performances:The Tempest -- Saturday, June 14 at 2 p.m. Sensory Seminar -- 1 p.m.
The Alchemist -- Saturday, August 23 at 2 p.m. Sensory Seminar -- 1 p.m.
Wittenberg -- Saturday, September 27 at 2 p.m. Sensory Seminar -- 1 p.m.
Henry VIII -- Saturday, November 1 at 2 p.m. Sensory Seminar -- 1 p.m.
Much Ado About Nothing -- Saturday, December 20 at 2 p.m. Sensory Seminar -- 1 p.m.
- Sign-Interpreted Performances are available for patrons who are deaf or hard of hearing during various productions. Please contact the Box Office for information.
- Large-Print and Braille Programs are available free of charge by request at the box office window.
- Braille Signage appears throughout the building wherever public signs are posted.
- Wheelchair Seating is available in both the orchestra and the balcony. Please call ahead to reserve.
- A Wheelchair-Accessible Elevator is available to and from all three levels of the theatre.
- A Control Room Lift makes the control room fully accessible for technicians
employed at the theatre.
- The Front Entrance Ramp allows for wheelchair entrance accessibility.
- A Stage Lift transports actors who are unable to use the stairs from the dressing room to the stage and back.
The Outdoor Stage: The Greek Theatre
- Large-Print and Braille Programs are available free of charge by request at the Box Office table.
- Wheelchair Seating and a Wheelchair-Accessible Rest Room are available.
Shakespeare LIVE! : The Shakespeare Theatre of New Jersey's Educational Touring Company
- Sign-Interpreted Performances of select Shakespeare LIVE! tours are now available.
Call 973-845-6742 for details.