Directions / Parking
|To the Main Stage:
F. M. Kirby Shakespeare Theatre
36 Madison Avenue
Madison, NJ 07940
On the campus of Drew University
To the Outdoor Stage:
The Greek Theatre (at Convent Station)
2 Convent Road in Morris Township
Convent Station , NJ 07961
On the campus of The College of St. Elizabeth
The Shakespeare Theatre of New Jersey's Main Stage — the intimate F.M. Kirby Shakespeare Theatre — is located at 36 Madison Avenue at Lancaster Road, on the campus of Drew University in Madison. It is three miles east of Morristown and easily reached by car or train.
Upon entering the Drew University campus at Lancaster Road: The Tilghman Parking Lot is about 50 yards on the right. The Kirby Theatre is past the guard gate and into the next parking lot (toward the front of the parking lot and on the left).
1) I-287 to Exit 35: At the end of the exit ramp, follow signs for Rt. 124 East (Madison Ave.). Travel three miles and turn right at the Lancaster Road traffic light into the Drew University campus. Proceed as above.
2) From Northwest NJ via I-80 East: To Exit 43 (I-287 South, Morristown). Proceed as #1.
3) From Northern NJ and NYC (GW Bridge) via I-80 West: To Exit 43A (I-287 South, Morristown) Watch signs carefully as I-80 divides before exit—stay to the right in the local lanes. Proceed as #1.
4) From Western NJ and Eastern PA via I-78 East: To Exit 29 (I-287 North). Proceed as #1.
5) From Southern NJ via NJ Turnpike (I-95 North): To Exit 10. Follow signs for I-287 North. Proceed as #1.
6) From Eastern NJ and NYC/Lincoln/Holland Tunnel via NJ Turnpike (I-95 South): To Exit 14. After toll plaza, follow I-78 West to exit 48 (Rt. 24 West, Springfield/Morristown). Follow Rt. 24 West to exit 7A. Follow signs for Rt. 124 West/Chatham. Continue through Chatham and Madison (Main Street). Having passed through the center of Madison, bear left under the railroad trestle to the second traffic light. At the Lancaster Road traffic light., turn left into the Drew University campus.
7) By Train: NJ Transit’s Morristown Line provides direct service to Madison, including service to and from Hoboken, Newark Broad Street and NY Penn Station. The theatre is within a scenic and safe 15-minute walk to and from the Madison Train Station. With train trestle on your right, follow Kings Road straight for two and a half blocks and turn left when the road become Madison Ave. (Rt. 124). Make the left into Drew University at Lancaster Road For rail schedules, call 1-800-626-RIDE or visit NJ Transit's Web Site.